Saturday, May 8, 2010

Amy's Declaration.

So we spent the day playing in the sun at the plant sale at the high school. We have been talking about birthdays and mother's day and all the celebrations that this month holds. Amy said very firmly and quite loudly..."MOMMY, I WUB YOU!!!" I was caught off gaurd by her loud deep voice and serious face. I said "oh, and I love you too Amy." She smiled and went back to playing. more talk of mothers and mother's day with Megan occured and then she yelled "Mommy I don't love you Mother's Day!"
Again... unsure of what to make of that I said "okay. you don't have to, but I think you do love me."
She said "NO! Mommy, I wub you. I ....sigh.... I do wub you humpback whale not Mothers Day. Mothers day is little. I love you BIG. I love you gray whale, humpback whale, blue whale..." I said " awwww, I love you too. Thank you Amy. You are a good girl and I love you humpback whale too." She smiled and was happy with that.

Just before bed time she climbed up into my lap and said Mommy, sigh...
She looked at me and then said my heart is a little bit sad tonight. I asked her why and she said cause it is stuck in here (as she pointed to her chest) and it wants out. I said ... oh... why?
She said my heart wants to get out of here so that your heart can hold it.

Talk about a sweet little girl.
I told her that I would hold her while she held her heart and that she was always in my heart. That my heart belongs to her and to Megan. She told me I could keep a little piece for myself.

Sweet, sweet girl.

1 comment:

  1. What sweeties!!! you r are lucky to have such sweet tender girls! They sure love their mommy!

    ReplyDelete