Monday, April 19, 2010

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...


So late last night Amy was having a little trouble falling asleep. I was sitting on the couch in the dimly litfront room and the soft music from the girl's room was all that I could hear. I thought that she was asleep... and then she said: "Mommy, I wub you." I of course answered, I love you too honey. She promptly said; "I wub you humback whale." indicating that she love me as much as a humpback whale. I said back to her that I loved her as much a blue whale. She said; " I wub you as a gray whale." This continued with a school bus then a house, then the church, then the sky buildings in Seattle..... each in turn followed by a "WHOA! that's will wee big!" a giggle and then the next biggest thing she could think of. I thought she was done and then... then she announced quite proudly and quite loudly... "Mommy, I wub you as big as your nose! WHOA! heehee That's will wee will wee will wee BIG!" I was speachless. I was unable to say or do anything. she had won. I had no come back other then yes dear it is. She nodded proudly and then laid her head down and said "...that's how much I wub you." Seconds later she was asleep. I giggled softly all the way to her bed. She slept the rest of the night. I laughed all the way to sleep. I love the unexpected utterings of my little angels. hahaha

1 comment: